Sunday, May 16, 2010

This was too much!!!!!!

Warning...a lot of Photos! :)

Or another reason to Move to Wisconsin when we retire for our summer home…..

My cousin Mike loves to garden….it is something he is really good at and he really does a great job! I can’t wait until he can help me with my garden….a few years down the road.

Mike and Linda took me to the sweetest little Nursery, it was on a street corner in a residential neighborhood!

IMG_1564

This is the sweet lady who runs it…

IMG_1567

They had two smaller greenhouses and these wonderful vintage signs were on the fronts:

IMG_1571

IMG_1569

IMG_1570

I wanted to buy the signs!!!!!

I bought some OLD’S morning glory seeds.

I went inside one of the greenhouses and it was just wonderful how beautiful these baskets and flowers were!!!!

IMG_1557

IMG_1559

IMG_1560

IMG_1562

This was the first one, a lot of 6 packs and such. Then I went into the next one….on my gosh!

IMG_1558

IMG_1572 IMG_1573

This is my cousin Linda! :)

IMG_1575

IMG_1576

IMG_1577 IMG_1578 IMG_1579

I know they are just baskets but I could never grow them this beautiful in the summer here…or some of the flowers they have….I felt so… I don’t what…maybe frustrated is a good word, but it wasn’t good feeling when I left this sweet little nursery…I so want to be there!

look at this odd greenery…isn’t that unique??? Never have seen it before…

IMG_1581

I also took some photo of the garden next to my Aunt Rosemary’s….

IMG_1538

IMG_1539

IMG_1541

Can’t grow tulips here…and I would love to have them!

IMG_1623

There used to be a white picket fence between the properties when I was little, all that is left of that is this GREAT gate and arbor!

Little pieces of my past are so fun to see again!

Oh, and you see this house?????
IMG_1634

This could end up being our summer home someday….can’t you just see all of those lovely flowers in the front…and side and back….

but that is another post for another day….:)



14 comments:

Patricia said...

Wow, I love it all especially the begonias.

Lori E said...

I always want pretty baskets but have learned my lesson. Unless I put in automatic watering they will dry up on me. I will stick to pretty pots instead.
I can see the flowers growing up around the summer house someday.

Jenny said...

I love that little house. It is soooo sweet! I want one just like it! But with a big yard...and a cherry tree! Beautiful photos!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I just automatically relax in a nursery amongst friendly flowers. They cheer me in a way nothing else can.
Brenda

Scrap for Joy said...

It's always interesting to see what thrives in different parts of the country. You may not be able to have tulips but I about flipped when I saw a poinsettia bush for the first time in AZ! Wow! I'm sure your trip back home was wonderful for you.

Unknown said...

I get ya. I grew up in Wyoming and when I go back in the summer it hits me how bad I miss GREEN. We never quite reach that true almost blue green type of green here. Not to mention the plethora of brightly colored flowers. The green house is so beautiful!

Hearts Turned said...

Sounds like a dreamy summer house, Sandy! Love those luscious hanging baskets...beautiful!

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend!

★Carol★ said...

I bet you wanted to bring all of those flowers home with you Sandy! I especially love the flowers in the woven baskets.
It's a different way of life up there in Wisconsin, isn't it? It looks like we will eventually be retiring up there, but that's not for a long time!
Happy Monday!
Carol

D. Jean Quarles said...

Those are beautifully healthy plants.

craftyles said...

Wow=makes me want to start a flower garden. Cute , cute house. Is it really yours?

replica bags said...

Great post! I just want to say that there are people who didn't recognize the opportunity in their life but still succeed. And other people who recognize it but still failed because they're afraid to explore and try it. Keep posting!

SueLovesCherries said...

Oh, man! I wish that garden center was in my neighborhood!

replica watches said...

Three steps forward .... Still, you know what they say about the man who never made a mistake! Keep going - you'll get there soon - and it's good to have some news again.

imitation watches said...

Those are beautifully healthy plants. I just want to say that there are people who didn't recognize the opportunity in their life but still succeed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...