Friday, May 7, 2010

Some fun Postcards I found on my trip!

I am lucky enough to be involved with Elizabeth from Creative Breathing’s post card swap.

001

So while I was in Wisconsin I looked at a few place for antique postcards. One of my favorite spots in Eau Claire is a three story building in downtown called Antique Emporium.

They had enough paper ephemera to keep you busy for a year or two!!!

I found these fun retro postcard sets and had to share them:

IMG_1670

All kinds of fun sets from all over!!!!!!

IMG_1675

My Dad did his basic training in this area during WWII, I was so excited to see these!

IMG_1696

The graphics on these are so fun! The insides were a hoot too!IMG_1698

I have been to Greenfield Village, it was out 5th grade trip! We lived in Ohio at the time and it was a one day trip there and back….I remember that like yesterday! I know my Mom was probably beyond anxious all day long until she saw the bus pull up. :)

IMG_1701

Where my husband was born….

IMG_1704

And of course a set from the Honeymoon capitol of the world back in the day!

IMG_1703

And this cracked me up, beautiful “photos” of the cactus of the southwest…in Eau Claire, Wisconsin!

Didn’t find any for Wisconsin in Wisconsin LOL !!!! But if you ever see any of these like this, that are the sets and they are forsale online, please let me know….I like the colors and the “painting” effects of the cards…they don’t have real photos in them.

I hate to say it, but I think I am hooked on these sets….I only paid $1.00 a piece fro these too!

There is lot more to come….stay tuned! :)



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely postcards ... there are tons of them in Westminster, Md. at the antique mall.

Have a beautiful Mother's Day weekend.
TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

Hearts Turned said...

These are wonderful, Sandy! Love them all! I need to get busy on my postcards...time's flying!

Hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Miss Rhea said...

Those are great ! Cant wait to see what you make from the inspiration :)

Angela said...

Terrific postcards, great deal!! My husband was born and raised in Alexandria.

Cristine's Story said...

It was so good to see you too! And I really need to get together with you and talk genealogy. You are a wealth of info! I'll get in touch when I get back from the no-man's land that I am in right now. In fact I am surprised that I am getting internet because I haven't been able to until today. So frustrating!

Unknown said...

Sandy, What a fun assortment you have found. They are just wonderful! The assortment of cards you found is about the same as the ones I have found here in Ohio! Too funny, I guess the Midwest all vacation to the same destinations! Have a great weekend! Elizabeth

Debbie said...

Hey Sandy...
These are great...I'm lucky enough to have quite a collection of postcards & folders myself from trips my relatives & my family took throughout the years. I had to laugh at Greenfield Village & your 5th grade trip...I went on that trip during my 5th grade year here in Parma, OH, too! We really are a good match for Linda's swap!
xo
Debbie
===^..^===

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...