Friday, May 21, 2010

My scanner was smokin' !

No...smokin', not Smokey! LOL

I have started to feel better and decided it was time to attack the mounds and mounds of vintage cards that I have bought over this last year…..


I have scanned in over 250 of them, and donated the ones that didn’t work at all…not my style, damaged, etc……it took me about five hours, maybe six!


I still have about 50 more to go and am looking everyday for more.


IMG_1761


This is just a small portion…I am going to be putting out at least one , if not more CD’s…I would like some input from all of you please….should I do them by holidays and then Misc.???? ( birthdays, get well, etc)…or should I mix them up??????


I have a whole lot of Christmas! So I think that is going to be one CD on it’s own….


IMG_1763


Just a little sample of the fun items I have! So many bright fun vintage children’s cards! I did some of my family’s last night too, what fun that was! To see the card my Dad bought my Mom for Mother’s Day from me…and lots from my brother…too cute!


I haven’t done a lot of the baby cards, as they all start to look the same after awhile…but I have enough!


IMG_1765


So, I will be getting the CD’s put together and in my Etsy shop as soon as I can. It is never too early to start thinking about Christmas crafts, right?? LOL


Thanks for stopping by!



10 comments:

Cindy said...

I think you should do them as a set..All Christmas..all baby ect..that is how I like to buy them. Have fun!!

Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Lisa said...

I just recently got a scanner and I have used it only once. Easy though I loved it!
I cannot wait to see your cd's!!
Hugs, Lisa

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I say like cindy, group the holidays and subjects. I, like a lot of lady's love the pink shabby roses or lady's, I would love a CD of that

Nan said...

Oh Sandy I will be a customer. I can't wait to see these !! I have some I bought from Vintage Bella on Ebay. She did CD's of Childrens cards, Valentine, Christmas, and Art Deco, Christmas Art Deco, Jingle Bells 100 1940's childrens Christmas cards, Christmas Gift Tags, Ho Ho Ho 100 Vintage Santa and Snowmen cards, Critters 100 vintage 1940's childrens cards, Posey Patch 100 all occasion 1930-1940's floral cards. anyway that is my list of CD's from Vintage Bella. She puts 100 cards per CD. Hope this helps. Nan

vivian said...

cant wait! I want one of each!
hugs
vivian

craftyles said...

Sandy,
Glad your feelin' better. What a project. I would think to group them by holidays or subject. Whatever you do I'm sure it will work!

My Grama's Soul said...

Sil.....I don't have any business advice for you.....but I do have a question, where in the world have you been storing all those cards? (O:(O:(O:

Love you,

Jo

GardenOfDaisies said...

You have soooo many lovely old cards! The CD you make is going to be awesome!! And btw, I love Smokey!! And I had been planning for him to make an appearance on my blog this coming Wednesday.

Unknown said...

I can't wait Sandy! Thank, you forever! E

SueLovesCherries said...

You ARE going to do a "red" CD, aren't you? LOL - just kidding!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...