Saturday, September 10, 2011

Getting ready for the cool weather, it is coming, right?

It is still hot here, as always in September and usually half of October, but we had a storm move thru last night and it is a bit better……

My friend Cheri and me get together every September to decorate for “fall”.  She takes a day off of work, and we just go crazy!  I only have 4 or 5 bins now, so it only takes us a half a day…but we have such a good time!  Her house, she has 10 bins or more…..and she loves doing the decorating more than anything!  She tires me out in no time.  But she is a trooper and gets up on my counters to do the high spots in my kitchen, and the ladder where necessary…isn’t she just the perfect friend?????  :):)

One of her favorite items are these…..Dollar Tree had all new ones this year!

IMG_0099

Fall clings…..we have been putting these up since the 1980’s…and she has some that I swear are still from that time! We used to but them from Current.   I bought the new new ones, I was sick of the older models….they have to have a clear back round so they don’t look too fake…..now I know most of you get the real thing, so these kind of seem silly…but this is as close to the real thing as I get! LOL They go on my patio door and kitchen windows, my fridge and my dishwasher which are white.  I have more than just these 4 sheets….:)

I love night lights, so this guy had to come home with me…..

IMG_0100 ( Kirkland's 5.99)

Some candles for the patio……

IMG_0104 ( Free with Kohl’s cash)

Some of my jars changed over to Halloween in my kitchen:

IMG_0101 Pretty plain right now, but it is s start…..

I just loved this idea from Martha Stewart’s Halloween magazine…

Martha Stewart Magazine

 

Cello bags, fun twine and a great stamp……I had the bags and the twine, I found the stamp on Amazon…..

IMG_0109

Great items to make cute things for fall swaps…..:):) 

And the piece de resistance……

IMG_0102

YUP!  Dollar Tree still had some of the old ones!  They are never going to have these flavors again, unless they get smart and realize the new ones  “natural colors and flavors” are terrible, so I buy what I can find….they have a shelf life of….are you ready????  10 years!  LOL LOL

Don’t mess with me and my Necco’s!  By the way, do you know what Necco’s stands for?  New England Candy Company. Necco…….pretty neat, huh?  They used to make Valentine conversation hearts out of the same mix as these wafers…..changed them too, and they are horrible!  ”If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”

Have a great weekend!!!!!  I have a new mattress on it’s way to my house today!  YEAH!

8 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Hey learned something new today! Cool! You have a wonderful friend. I love decorating. Have a great weekend. Hugs Anne

Brenda Pruitt said...

This post makes me hungry for good old candy corn!
Brenda

My Vintage Mending said...

I can never get past your kitchen table. Love that sweet red design on the white enamel. Gorgeous...you look like you all are doing tons of work with all this fall decorating. I better get moving and put my blow mold pumpkin out just to stay in the group...smiles...Renee

Linda said...

I need to get down my Fall bins too...I am really looking forward t oit...the cooler weather too. It is wonderful right now...it sort of feels like Fall is coming!I can't wait to eat some candy corn!!

donna said...

Sounds like you had a great time putting up all your fall things. I got mine out last weekend but I still a little each year. Your little pumpkin faces are so cute.
Hugs
donna

Anonymous said...

Aw, Sandy, you're blessed. I haven't had a friend like that since I was in my 20s. I think I just move too much. Oh well. I have other blessings- like blogging friends!

Don't forget Dotty Day this Tuesday! ♥

Unknown said...

That's such a fun tradition. What's better than spending a day giggling and decorating. I hate that the old candy companies have been sold and changed some of the recipes. I just had some Mary Janes and some Bit O' Honey's that didn't taste the same the other day. But my all time favorite it the flat strips of taffy. Whenever I find them I buy them up. I really do need to go on line and buy them but the more I have the faster they go just like my cupcakes. Thanks for your sweet comments on the cupcake candelabra i.e...recycled candlestick. I just did that Sunday.
Good luck in my giveaway. OX's...Tracy :)

Betty said...

I haven't even started decorating for fall! No ambition I guess. Maybe you've inspired me tonight. Thanks for dropping by my blog Sandy. It is always nice to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...