Friday, December 3, 2010

Some of my favorite things!

I am so excited that we all are getting ready for Christmas! I have everything up, except my tree thanks to my very good friend Cheri! I know when Cheri come to visit we are going to get busy! We pulled all of the Christmas bins out ( over 20), went thru them, gave a bunch away and put it up, then we put all of the bins away, in an organized manner….and this all happened in ONE day! I just love Cheri! :):)

Having hurt my back, she did 90% of it and I will never be able to repay her, but we have known each other since 1970, so she knows where I live so to speak! :):)

Here are a few photos of some of the decorating we did….I will be sharing more photos as the month moves on….

IMG_2428 my kitchen plate rack

IMG_2436 candy and plastic gems in jars

IMG_2449 Elizabeth’s Winter Snow banner in the bathroom. No one takes showers in this one!

Some of the vignettes after dark on the TV cabinet:

IMG_2423

IMG_2406

IMG_2407

I don’t worry too much about it being decorator perfect….I just want to be able to look around and smile!

The three little mice in the above photo were a last gift from my Mom many many years ago….every time I put them out I see her smile! :)

And this is a cute little plate full of goodies that is going in my craft room!

IMG_2458

Hope everyone is enjoying the decorating process….I know for me it would have taken a week or better without my buddy Cheri! Thank you kiddo once more for helping me to enjoy Christmas!




18 comments:

Ann said...

Oh everything is so festive....I love the white self with the red--so gorgeous. Your little plate is sooooooo0 cute.
ann

Nan said...

Oh this all looks great. I will start on my tree this weekend then have to move it when we lay the flooring. I figure I can just slide it out of the way then slide it back up on the flooring, that's the play anyway!! Love you plate holder I have one similar out in the Fairy Cottage.

★Carol★ said...

It's looking very merry over there, Sandy! I especially love everything on your plate rack. It's going to snow here tonight, possibly 2"-5". I can't wait to see the decorations outside all covered in snow!
Have a great weekend!
Carol

NanE said...

It looks fab Sandy! Can you send Cheri to my house next? LOL! I love that little scene with Santa and the kids on your TV cabinet. Have a great weekend, Nan

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your decorations are so pretty. Love it all. Hugs, Marty

GardenOfDaisies said...

It all looks so wonderful!!! What a great friend she is! Sorry you hurt your back. Hope you are feeling better very soon.

Diane Mars said...

Everything is looking so Fun! I love the way you display your treasures I am trying to decorate but I am also still crafting and listing items in my Shops whew.. This little elf needs to make some money, the Real Estate Market here is still just about slow as a snail so I must keep busy creating to bring in some $ Hugs, Diane

Unknown said...

these are all delights... I really love your Christmas goodies...especially the plate of goodies going in your craft room. i am so excited for Christmas. Blessings to you, Mica

Simply Shelley said...

Wonderful decorating...the plate rack with all the Christmas sweetness is so cute....love all the colors....can't wait to see more....blessings,Shelley

Lori E said...

What a great friend. I too just look around and smile. I love the decorations and it is so much fun to pull them out of their bins each year.

Pam Kessler said...

Everything looks wonderful. I need someone to help me go through my Christmas decor and pare it down too.

Andy's Attic said...

It looks great!! Cheery and bright! Hope your back is better.
Annette

ArtzeeChris said...

OH you looks so festive and Christmasie! I love the Plate rack with all the fun goodies! Have fun putting up your tree!

Hearts Turned said...

All so warm, beautiful & cheerful, Sandy! And what a wonderful friend to help you so much! (she's a keeper!) Hope you have a wonderful, cozy weekend!

Julie

Karen said...

Can I borrow Cheri?
Everything looks so festive. I especially love your plate rack.Great job!
Hope your back is better soon.

Unknown said...

Oh Sandy! I just knew you would have the cutes decorations ever! You have the touch! My banner is so darn cute! I didn't recognize it as my own, too funny! This post makes me very happy. I hope your back gets better soon! Elizabeth

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

I love the idea that it's all to "make you look around and smile"! I realized a few years ago that I do all my holiday decorating for ME. If others enjoy it, great... but it makes ME smile! :)

Chris

SueLovesCherries said...

Sandy, you and Cheri did a fantastic job (even though I can't see the whole house)! I love your plate rack all decorated, and those two deer are just like the ones I have - they're soooo cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...