Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Very Nice Valentines Day

I wanted to share the wonderful time I had with some of my best friends, their Mom and a neighbor yesterday.  Everyone said you have to take photos of the table, so we did….with no one sitting at it! LOL

This was such a nice day for me, my hubby had to work until almost midnight so sharing the day with some of my favorite people was just perfect!

I made some goodies for them to take….

IMG_0705

I made these banners out of Valentine doilies and printed off some of my vintage children’s cards…..added a few button and baubles, and used a twine that was pink, white and red.

IMG_0707

IMG_0708

IMG_0709

I had goodies bags for when they left, filled with all kinds of stuff!

IMG_0701

 

And I made little place card candy cups with their names on them….IMG_0710

And of course we had to have red heart straws for out drinks!

IMG_0704

Here is a shot of the table…

IMG_0714

I found vintage inspired paper plates and napkins at Hobby Lobby, and for some reason I needed to use red plastic utensils….and my Boopie Glass red goblets.  The tablecloth came from Wal-Mart.

We had a menu of different sandwich fixings and  side dishes that helped us think of our Mom’s or Grandmas…. we had deviled eggs, pasta salad, Lu-Lu Sauce with potato chips ( something I had never heard of and loved!), and crab salad.

IMG_0714 - Copy

I made a vintage frozen fruit salad that I put in these molds….

IMG_0720

 

Here is what it came out like, and it was yummy!!!!!

IMG_0719

It had cream cheese, sugar, cool whip, frozen strawberries, crushed pineapple and sliced bananas, it was a hit! 

And of course red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for desert.

One of my guest was my dear friend Meri Wiley, of http://imagimeris.blogspot.com/.

she always comes with wonderful goodies anytime she comes by, and she had a belated birthday gift that I just adore!!!!!!

IMG_0722

This sweet little cow ( I think) do cows have horns?  LOL was made into an adorable pin cushion….

IMG_0723

And of course all cows need to wear a bell, and mine has a sweet pink gingham ribbon and baubles! Only Meri could have seen this when she bought this sweet piece of vintage life.

And look at my handmade card!!!!!!

IMG_0724

Perfection!!!!!!  Thank you Meri for thinking of me!

Meri also brought sweet Valentines for all of us in her wonderful “Imagimeri “ style…..

IMG_0715

Meri’s sister Linnie and I have been friend since our junior years in high school and she brought me a wonderful little box for Valentines day and a package of …..strawberry flavored peeps dipped in dark chocolate!

Lets just say that once we tried the peeps ( I am a Peep fanatic if you are new to my blog), we decided they need to quit being so inventive! LOL

All in all a great day with people I love and care for…..hope everyone had as good a day as I did….thanks for stopping by…..

14 comments:

Denise said...

What fun!How darling everything was.Looks like a wonderful time you all had.I have that cow only in purple.I have shown it in a few older post's.

Sandie said...

Oh how fun! Everything looked so cute! And I love the cow(yes they have horns) and the card is precious! I am glad you had such a good time! Sandie

My Vintage Mending said...

Amazing...what a great lunch you all had. Wish I could have been there to join in on the fun. Smiles...Renee

Linda said...

Looks like lots of fun!

retrorevival.biz said...

Oh how I wish I had been to such a pretty party! Your decorations are darling! Love the cards and placeholders you made:)

~Cindy

Musings from Kim K. said...

How fun! What a special lunch you all had. Love all the darling details.

MomWaldsPlace said...

How festive! Your lil' cow (yes, cow) is the first that I have seen that I would actually like to have. She is the best!

Anonymous said...

What a fun party! I love the banners you made! Maybe NEXT year, I'll make something for valentines Day! ♥

Daphne said...

I love your Valentines and your tablescape, Sandy! What a retrofabulous heart day!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Sandie,

Wow, I would have loved to be at your party! Everything is just so cute!!! I love that garland with the vintage cards! Do you sell them? I would adore one!! Oh, and those cute little things made from chenile!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Sandie,

Wow, I would have loved to be at your party! Everything is just so cute!!! I love that garland with the vintage cards! Do you sell them? I would adore one!! Oh, and those cute little things made from chenile!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Your party looks so fun! I love the playful decorating! You are so creative!

Laura said...

This party looked like a lot of fun! I love how you decorated and your banner is adorable :)I missed this post somehow!

Unknown said...

Pri cc e on red and white table with the flowers on it

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...