Friday, December 16, 2011

A Surprise in the Mail

 

I received a wonderful Christmas gift today from one of my favorite people!

IMG_0410

Yes, Elizabeth sent me a set of the tags from the swap I was suppose to be in, but was just too ill to participate….isn’t she something????

Here are some close ups….

IMG_0411

Such talent out there in Blog land…

IMG_0412

IMG_0414

And look at the sticker that was one one of the packages that held a tag…..

IMG_0413

Sorry…couldn’t wait!  Thank you E, this means a lot! 

Also, I just love all of the vintage Cardboard cutouts that we used to hang every Christmas….

imagesCAFODKD2

Santa 1

                                          (Images from Google)

Well, last year I went to the 99cent Store and got these after Christmas…I know they are a bit different, but I just love them!  I hung them on my pantry doors in my kitchen…..

IMG_0405

IMG_0406

IMG_0407

                                    IMG_0408

                               The one above is my favorite….

IMG_0409

They are three dimensional, and lots of glitter ( sorry you can’t see it)

I usually like to stick to the vintage versions, but they are in a box put away this year, and since I didn’t get out my usually stash, I just decided to use these…..aren’t they sweet?  Kitschy for sure!!!!

Thanks for stopping by…..

8 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

That was very sweet of E to send you the Christmas tags! So many creative gals!
Hope you are feeling better!
Fun swap package too!
Merry Christmas!
Deb

Lynn said...

I am so grateful that Elizabeth sent you the tags. Mine is the ginger bread house:O) Merry
Christmas!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I really think the Santas are great!
Wow! The tags sure are neat. How sweet. Yes, lots of talent out there!
Enjoy!
Susie

Andy's Attic said...

Just think...years from now todays kids will look back on these Santas and think about "the good old days"!
Anette

Nan said...

Oh how sweet you got the tags. I'm looking forward to mine. Who could not love those Santa's you have up.

★Carol★ said...

You're surrounded by cuteness Sandy, with those tags from Elizabeth, and the jolly Santas on your pantry. They're all SO cute!
Merry Christmas!
Carol

Shirley Hatfield said...

Love those Santa's! Who wouldn't fall in love with their cheerful faces? Hope you are feeling more like yourself. =D

My Vintage Mending said...

Aren't they just amazing. I cannot wait to get the good pictures of them and post. I am so glad you have them. Merry Christmas...Renee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...