Friday, December 2, 2011

My next Grand puppy?????

Hi everyone!  I am so excited!  Bryan my son, Abbey’s owner decided awhile back that Abbey needed a partner, a playmate,  someone who could keep up with her and help diffuse some of her boundless energy…..

We had many talks….he kept saying that he wanted a German Shorthair Pointer….like this:

Pointer

For Bryson, a German Short-haired Pointer.

They are beautiful beautiful dogs, just like Abbey….but again a purebred……I am a HUGE advocate of bringing a rescue dog into your life……the purebreds are wonderful, but rescue dogs need homes much worse!  These poor cross breeds were not meant to be bred, or have people waiting to buy one when they are whelped…….

So, I suggested a pointer cross of some kind….there are a lot of those types in rescue associations everywhere.  I tried to get him to go the the Humane Society or the pound…..no luck, he would go home devastated for all of the dogs  and we would end up with 30 dogs!  So, he asked me to start looking on line for rescues….and I went to Pet Finder and this is who popped up at  Arizona Bird Dog Rescue down in Tucson……

Willow 1

This is Willow….she is about a year and a half  English Pointer cross……we saw this photo  and just had to find out about her……she has been kenneled  as there were no Foster homes, God bless this rescue for paying for it!…..Bryan emailed them and they are so excited that he wants to see her.  They think she is Pointer/Dalmatian as English Pointers do not have black in any of their color combos……

Last night they sent him these photos……

Willow 2

This is her other side, and look her ear is totally black, no spots at all…..:)

Willow 3

Willow 4

We got a little freaked out as she looks HUGE!!!!!  So Bryan called them, and luckily the photos are deceiving, she only weighs about 45 pounds……Abbey weighs 43 pounds. Whew!

Willow 4 

Really short head and nose , I am not sure that is Dalmatian, maybe some Pit?  Whatever she is, she is cute as they come!

So they are bring her up to where Bryan lives at 4:00 PM this Sunday….and of course I will be there too!  If Willow and Abbey hit it off, I will stay a couple of days to make sure all is good, and that they don’t have to be crated all day while Bryan is at work…..we are praying that they can stay in the house loose for good and not need to be crated, but Bryan does come home for lunch every day.  Willow  is spayed, housebroken, and chipped!  PLEASE keep your fingers crossed that she is the one!!!!!!  Bryan doesn’t think he could say no unless she went to hurt Abbey…….I will let you know!  :)

12 comments:

Nan said...

Oh she is sweet I hope this works out for him.

Fran said...

Such a beautiful dog.......and bless your son for adopting from a shelter!

Debby said...

So good that he is interested in a rescue. We rescued our Springer Spaniel. This dog could have some Springer in her, because of the spots. It looks more like Dalmation though. looks like a lab as well. Two females together, it will be interesting. Sure hope it works.

Betty said...

I sure hope it works out. That dog needs a forever home. My Sophie is a rescue and I've had her for a number of years. This past year she had a kidney infection and needed an X-ray. That's when we found out she's full of buckshot. Sometime in her past she had been shot. I felt like crying. She's the sweetest dog and I'll never understand how someone could have done that to her.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh how exciting! Good for you! I love that your getting a 1 1/2 year old dog, a LITTLE of their energy is gone! I pray they don't rip the house apart and they end up great friends! Can't wait for the follow up!

Carol

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh, I would want to take them all home. Best of luck to them all. Please let me know how it goes....Smiles...Renee

Paula Clare said...

How exciting! I am so thrilled your son is opting for a rescue rather than a full breed...rescues have the sweetest temperaments...and less energy (usually) than the full bred types. Regardless, I hope she and Abbey become great friends! SO CUTE!

vivian said...

thats awesome! she is adorable. I'll keep my fingers crossed!! and I love that youre going there to stay a few days to help out with your grandpuppies!
have a great weekend
xo
vivian

LANA said...

Good for you for talking your son into a rescue dog. We have two and love them. One is part pit but she is a lovey mush. Even if you have to crate them during the day when no one is home, at least the dog HAS a home. We always keep ours in separate rooms when we are not home, not because they hurt each other, but the little boston terrier likes to chew things! Good luck I can't wait to hear how Sunday goes. Cesar says to have the dogs meet in the street and walk together, not to introduce one on another's turf.

Andy's Attic said...

She looks like a wonderful dog. so glad she is a rescue and I really hope she works out for you guys!
Annette

D. Jean Quarles said...

Fingers crossed it works out. She's adorable.

Susan Freeman said...

I do hope that Willow can become part of your family. Bless you for rescuing a dog!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...