Friday, April 2, 2010

One of my Favorite Vintage Goodies

Hello everyone! Well, I have recuperated enough and decided I wanted to do a few posts on the Vintage Finds that I have been lucky enough to purchase for my kitchen. I am going to use photos from Google, as mine are put away at this time.

One of my very favorites is my Pyrex Refridgerator Set in the classic primary colors:

il_430xN_70074533

I just love these!!!!!

But in looking these up I found out that there have been multiple sets made thru the years. Sometimes they got it and other times they really missed!

I think that these sets are great:

My Mom had a set of the mixing bowls in this color combination, unfortunately I didn't take them when she died. I would like a set like this someday.

3730150125_291291368e

309300663_tp !BpjzbL!B2k~$(KGrHqYH-CwEu,,HpWDyBLr6ZoN)6g~~_35

And of course the wonderful pastels:

aquarefrig

FA8B

FA6A

These pink ones just seem to scream “1950’s” !!!!

Then there are the total “misses”

Who can for get the wonderful colors from the 1970’s????

!BY)3ZD!BWk~$(KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmVqugBKjYQ)0Qlw~~_35

!BY)42!g!mk~$(KGrHgoOKiEEjlLmf)k0BKjYV(C63w~~_35 !Bp0H rQBWk~$(KGrHqYOKiwEu,7dHWirBLs b)!hfw~~_35

As my Mom would have said “ Oh Ish” !!!!

My folks got real caught up in the avacado phase of the 70’s and I still have bad dreams about it! :)

Have a great weekend and Happy Easter!!!!!



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Same here, my mom loved the gold and avacodo! bleh! ♥ the light blue ones, though!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

My Mom had the first set. Later I had the mixing bowl in the tan and blue flower pattern, next from last picture. Still serve popcorn out of that bowl!

Coloradolady said...

I have some of the pieces to the "miss" group, the gold ones. And they are really not my taste at all. Now, the primary color ones, or the pink and pastel blue ones, those are more my style!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Awesome finds! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Tracey said...

I love those and am always on the lookout when I'm out thrifting but can never seem to find them. Not even the ugly ones!

GardenOfDaisies said...

LOL! Avocado green and harvest gold = Ugh! But the other refrigerator sets are so lovely! I really love the blue ones. Actually, I don't mind the green ones so much, as the little daisy pattern helps make them look better.
:-) Happy Easter to you too!

D. Jean Quarles said...

Boy did that bring back memories.

Betty said...

I have the yellow and the blue from that first set. I am missing the red but I keep looking for it. I would love to find a pink set!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Sandy,

I love these in the pastel colors. I wasn't a fan of the avacado either. Wouldn't you know that the first house hubby and I bought had avacado green carpet in the living room, dining room up the hall, and in one of the bedrooms?
Yuck! lol! Have a wonderful Easter!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Do you own all those sets? If so, you're the Pyrex Queen ;) I actually love all the colors. We just bought a set today at Sally Army in Verde (shades from Lemongrass to Avocado). We love them.

Little Chicks Info said...

Oh how I wish I'd saved all of my mother's things...I'd be rich! Those pyrex dishes can go for a pretty penny and I love them! I'm keeping my eye out for some too! Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Sandy, look how shiny your set is! I have collected the entire set of Friendship (red birds and orange) for my TSG. It is fabulous! I must "borrow" them back to take photographs. My own set is brown and white and has Americana utensils on it. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful collection! They match your tags! I am working on pegdolls for us this weekend. I'm exicited for you to see her. E

Lori E said...

But those 70's colours matched our refrigerators so nicely. Gack.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh Sandy, when I was a little girl I had a plastic play set of the primary refrigerator boxes. I had the primary mixing bowls in plastic too. What a shame I didn't keep them. This was in the early 1970s. My mom had (probably still has) the white set with the aqua motif. She was married in 1960 and I believe they are from back then.

Thank you so much for sharing! Such fun memories!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...