Sunday, April 11, 2010

My Genealogy Blog is Up and Running!

I wanted all of my blog friends to be the first to know that I have another blog!

With-Gratitude-Header

Here is the link:

http://withgratitude-sandy.blogspot.com/

I wasn’t sure I was going to do this, I had to think about why I needed to do it. And it came down once more to a very easy reason. I want my ancestors to be known and remembered.

When my folks died, I was always so afraid that they would be forgotten by this world. So I have talked and shared a lot about them in the last 29 years. And I will continue to do so. Once I got to “know” the rest of my families generations it was also important that their stories be written down, and that is what I plan on doing with this new blog.

So please, even tho’ it is totally a different journey than 521 Lake Street please stop by and say hello once in a while!

The person who did this blog for me is Karen Valentine, it was a fun few days working together! If you need help with your blog or want to redo it please take a few minutes to see her sites.

Here are her links:

http://valentinedesign.blogspot.com/

http://mydesertcottage.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwwwwwww! very cool! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

★Carol★ said...

I think that was a great idea to start a blog about your journey in finding out about your family! It's not easy, and it takes alot of time, but this is the best way to share all of your hard work!

Susan Freeman said...

I think that new blog is a wonderful idea! I will head right over.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Hearts Turned said...

Good for you, Sandy! Genealogy has been one of my greatest passions since I was only 12 years old...once it gets under your skin it stays there! I'm off to see your new blog--such a great idea! It's so very important to keep our ancestors in our hearts--I know we're in theirs! Hope your day is wonderful!

GerryART said...

Well, Sandy, just visited your brand new blog. I am a Follower now and have put your link in my sidebar.
Lots of luck on your new blog.
Hugs ♥♥♥
Gerry

Patty said...

Cool a new blog, thanks for posting!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your blog to honor those who have passed in your family is wonderful. My mother has spent quite a bit of time over the past 10-12 years researching our family history. I am a lucky girl. I know where I came from. That does not answer all questions however, and some things we will never know.

Unknown said...

How wonderful Sandy, you know I love stories about the past. I will enjoy learning about yours. I wanted to tell you to about a kitchen you will definitely enjoy I discovered in my comment section, "Sweep Under ..." post. Her name is craftyles, her blog is Brookhollow Lane. She has just begun to blog, but she has a kitchen and spare room that is right up your alley! Thank you also for the Sandpiper link. Very needed! Elizabeth

craftyles said...

Sandy, thank you for visiting my new blog-I have been following yours for a while. I absolutely love your colors-I think we are kindred spirits in color. Anyway thanks for commenting and I;ll be keeping in touch. Leslie

RoeH said...

I love it. I have been doing that for some time now. I've got the blog links on my main blog. Right now I'm finished up 1887 in diary form of my great grandfather. I love history and I am in awe of what they did for us. And that's what it comes down to. I clicked over from Jenny. Hope you don't mind if I stick around.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...