Monday, February 11, 2013

The Easter Swap is ready to go!

 

I was going to wait until after Valentines Day but I just couldn’t !

Easter Swap signCutout copy

This year we will try something a bit different…Deb from Garage Sale Gal told me about these…spoolies! 

Here are some examples….from different holidays…

2bfec2f917dc3912e3bfadd175e4e994

ae95083d4ab3e6cb778980f17732d02e

IMG_9661

 

841ceb2823866c4110c62776e47fdb47

EricaHofstetter_ValentineSpoolie_Zunky Chic

il_570xN.418608728_qxnr

valspoolie

il_570xN.315615028

The idea as you can see,  is to make a pretty gift out of a vintage wooden thread spool , or new thread spool, and whatever your heart desires!!!!!   I love the one with the vintage tart mold…. I have never made anything like this, but it sure looks like fun!  There is no right or wrong way to make them.  It will be your creation!  You can use “bits and bobs” of items you already have, or go looking for just the right stuff…up to you. Ask your partner some basic questions, what they love, vintage or retro, Victorian or kitsch, colors, favorite candies, go to their blogs …it really helps.

I also would like each of us to add a box like these containers they don’t have to be vintage if you want you can buy them brand new) with goodies inside for your partner….be generous…. and try to get to know her a bit and find what she loves….:) 

55478eefdce9c9fad7cba2d301e48454

 

You can also use other Easter/Spring holiday boxes…I just happened to find this at Goodwill this last visit…

IMG_3423

Yes, a vintage style Easter Chocolates box!  Costco has a lovely egg shaped box full of chocolate covered Oreos, you both get to enjoy that box. :)

This swap is like the one Erica did for Valentines Day…just have fun and get to know someone a little better, or meet them for the first time….

Now for the Fine Print:

Please sign up in this post!  I will take names from this post only.

I am changing the rule about Bloggers Only…after talking to a few people I am willing to give it another try….but you have to email me at the address below if you want to be in the swap and you DO NOT have a blog.  We will see how it goes…..

Easter is March 31st, so you need to have your boxes out by the 20th, it is the first day of Spring!

I will close the signups a week from now on February 18th.  That way we have a good amount of time to create our pieces…I will get everyone paired up and show the pairs on this blog on a post, Tuesday February 19th.

Please post this 521 Lake Street Easter/Spring Swap photo on your blogs with a link to this post….let’s get lots of people to join in!

Thank you ladies…:):)  If you have ANY questions, email me at sanjos333@gmail.com.

50 comments:

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

OK! I'm IN! Thank you Sandy. If anyone needs old spools that are the larger style, I'll be posting some really neat ones for sale in my Etsy shop tonight.
Looking forward to this one! :)
Thanks again for hosting Sandy!
Erica

Unknown said...

Cute idea!

Shirley Hatfield said...

I am in...love the idea. By the way...I bought one of those spoolies in the sixth picture from Lynn of Trash to Treasure Art...tiny and so detailed. I inherited a big box of old wood spools from my Grandma Patta.

vivian said...

Im in!! sounds like a lot of fum. . great idea Sandy! now I'm off to see if Erica posted those spools yet!
xoxo

A Little Creation said...

Me,me I want to play!!! Does the spoolie have to be easter?
Chris =]

ImagiMeri said...

Ok, sign me up

Meri

Unknown said...

I'm in Sandy, I absolutely love this idea! Can't wait. Will post button today! E

Scrap for Joy said...

I'm finally not too late for some fun! This will be a fun project and my first swap in forever! Thanks Sandy!
xoxo
Joyce

Unknown said...

Hi there! I'd love to participate. I have been wanting to try out the "spoolies"! Thanks for hosting , looks like fun!
-pam

Perfectly Printed said...

Count me in! Such a fun idea!

Chris

Jill said...

I'm officially signing up for my first swap!! So excited and I even have spools!!

Tammy's in Love said...

Yah sure, the girl from Minnesota is in...no lefse in the goodie tin!

Laura said...


Count me in please!!!!

Laura said...


Count me in please!!!!

Laura said...

Sandy,
When I get home from work I will add a link to this swap :)

Anonymous said...

Please include me! I am really thinking FUN!

SueLovesCherries said...

ME! ME! ME!

Angela said...

I'd like in, too! Looks like fun! - Angela

Hope said...

I would love to participate. Any room for an international player? I am in the UK.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Count me in! What clever ideas.

Unknown said...

I would love to join up for this swap. Sounds like such fun. I just did the Valentine Spoolie swap at Vintage Dragonfly, such fun indeed!
I will grab your button for my side bar right now.
Thanks for hosting.
Michele

LBP said...

I would love to play too!!! This sounds like the kick in the pants I need to start crafting again!

Blessings

Linda

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I'M IN!!!
Thanks for having this sweet Easter swap!
Warmly,
deb

Unknown said...

Count me in!! I love Easter, thanks!
Dorothy

Laurie said...

I would love to join!

RetroSandie said...

Hi Sandy-please count me in!!!

cakegirl said...

Please include me! I LOVE swaps and this one sounds great. Thanks for putting it together.

Kim Gillian said...

I would love to join please! Sounds like fun!!

Lutka And Co. said...

Hi Sandy!
Please sign me up! I'm so excited to join all the talented ladies in this swap - thank you!
Linda

harriette said...

I'm in! My first swap! Eeeek!!!thanks for hosting!!
Birdie

Dog-Ma said...

Hey, will be my FIRST of this kind of swap. Have lots of cool vintage wooden spools to play with. Sign me up puhleeeeese!!

Tea in the Library said...

Please count me in! Love the idea. How nice to have something so fun to focus on during this mud-ugly stage of winter.

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh...Sandy! I am so excited to be home and be able to join in on my very first swap. I "oood and ahhhhd" at the all the darling Valentine's. I can hardly wait to get started and I love your spoolie ideas. Wheee...Here we go! Count me in!
Smiles and Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo

Laura said...

Have a wonderful Valentines Day :) Thank you for hosting an Easter swap!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

OH! Waving and jumping up and down with excitement, I wanna play too! Please count me in Sandy. I have been kicking myself over and over again for not participating in the Valentine swaps.

So am I understanding correctly - we are to make one Easter spoolie decoration (is it to be an ornament or a decoration or it doesn't matter which?) AND include some type of Easter box with goodies inside for our swap partner?

I've never done this before and I'm a bit anxious and want to get it right. :)

Thank you for creating and hosting this fun swap Sandy!

Sally

Jean Knee said...

sound great. I was just in a Valentine spoolie swap that was so fun. Please sign me up
Jeannie

Debby said...

I'd love to be in the swap. Thanks.

Holly said...

Hey Sandy, count me in! This sounds like so much fun! Happy Valentine's Day! Holly

GardenOfDaisies said...

Hi Sandy, Count me in. I've been watching the swaps for a while, but have never joined one before. This will be my first time and I'm really looking forward to it.

Tiff said...

Found you through "Musings from Kim K." and I would love to join in on the swap. I've got a bunch of old spools and now I know what to do with them!

Tiff
www.foldedgingham.blogspot.com

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Sandy, I would love to join in if you don't have a full house already. Thanks for hosting this one! Pam

Trisha said...

This looks like so much fun...I would love to join in on it!

~Trisha

Charlene said...

I would love to join this swap! Thanks for organizaing this!

Charlene said...

I would love to join this swap! Thanks for organizaing this!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Sandy, the spoolies are so darn cute! I have a bunch of old wooden spools that were my mothers. Would love to join in on the fun if there is still room.
hugs,
Jann

Cindy said...

If you are not yet overwhelmed, I would love to participate. I love Easter crafting! I came over from Viv's blog. Thanks for hosting. It should be fun.
Cindy

Lady Linda said...

Just found your blog and this just looks fun! I'd love to participate. I see a few names I recognize. Thanks for the fun.
Lady LInda

Jenny's Heart said...

Please count me in! I Love your Easter Swap! Have a great day.

Tealovinglady said...

Shoot! I missed the deadline! If you have an odd number of swappers and need another one I would love to participate. Thanks!
Donna
tealovinglady@yahoo.com

Willnnabel said...

Bummer I just found out about this swap too :( Would Love to participate. Maybe that other late comer and I ????


Cute blog and fun idea!!!

willnnabel@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...