Sunday, December 9, 2012

Our Christmas House this year

 

This week me and Wayne spent most of our time going through bins, getting rid of items ( still) and decorating.  We did things a bit different this year….we used a white pre lit 4 foot tree that I had bought at Wal-Mart a few years ago for 90% off.  It is just getting to be too much to decorate a full size tree…

IMG_3220

I used a repro vintage tablecloth for the skirt on top of a small red table.  Here is how it looks partially decorated…

IMG_3228

I still have some ornies and shadowboxes to put on it….but you get the idea, I used all Shiney Brites, new and some of my folks….

IMG_3229

IMG_3230

IMG_3231

 

This is a good shot with a couple of my vintage blow molds…just have to have them by the tree!

IMG_3244

Here are a few other pics…..love Bubble Lights!!!!!

IMG_3226

I made the little ceramic tree for my folks back in 1977…

IMG_3232

IMG_3233

 

IMG_3234

This little guy is a music box…

IMG_3236

and a shadow box I got from Meri….

IMG_3235

Here is the kitchen….

IMG_3238

IMG_3239

IMG_3240

Meri also gave me these cute vintage Santa S&P….

IMG_3243

My Putz houses in my Master Bedroom.

I have a bit of tweaking to do…but this is a really good start!

Oh, and here is some of the outside…..roses and Christmas lights! :)

IMG_3242

My friend Cheri and me got together to make her an ornament wreath…

IMG_3224

and I made her a GIANT ceramic tree for Christmas this year…you can’t tell but this is about 18 inches or so….

IMG_3216

I had them double the light holes….it really shines!

Oh and by the way….

J.C. Penny’s has Shiney Brites ornaments, bubble light candeliers , garlands and tree toppers…

IMG_3209

LOVE them all!  The bubble light candelier in my photo above was from years ago from Shiney Bright and Penny’s catalog.  They don’t make them with the red base anymore.

Have a GREAT week everyone and thanks for stopping by! :)


22 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Love the white tree...especially with the blow molds underneath. So much vintage goodness throughout your home.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy! I love it all!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Tammy's in Love said...

PERFECTION! I'd cut back on trees but then I'd have 500 ornaments with no where to go! Ho Ho Ho!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Where shall I start? So many fun things to look at! I have a little white tree like that too - it's in our sunroom/dining room. Good to know about the shiny brights at penneys. I am lovin' Penney's these days! Love the ceramic tree you made too.

Chenille Cottage said...

Merry Christmas, Sandy!
What a wonderful treat to find your kind comment. We both came upon the same treasure...and, aren't you glad? I just love the little rocking horse and one day I will pass it on to one of my grandchildren.
Your home is just bursting with Christmas color and spirit. It's nice that your husband joins in on the fun, too.
I love all your handmade treasures. The ceramics, Santas, the amazing Christmas wreath...Oh, I love everything!
Blessings and thanks so much for stopping by,
Carolynn xoxo

Perfectly Printed said...

Your home is lovely!! What wonderful touches of Christmas everywhere I look! Love the bubble lights!!!

chris

vivian said...

I love seeing your sweet christmas home! Your tree is beautiful! Isnt this the most wonderful time of the year?
have a great week my friend.. I'm seriously going to be late for work if I dont get off of this computer!
xoxoxo

My Vintage Mending said...

Just enough to make it cozy...You did a great job and I love those shiny brites...Smiles..Renee

craftyles said...

Everything looks lovely and so vintage. I especially love the tree. All the little vintage touches throughout your house look fantastic!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Your home looks very pretty!! I need to find some of those Shiny Brights. I dad never heard of them before this year when bloggers were talking about them. =)

Anonymous said...

Love your tree! Love it all! Thanks for posting my friend! ♥

vintage grey said...

So, so beautiful!! Love all the vintage Christmas pretties in your sweet home!! xo Heather

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Sandy,

Love all your vintage goodies! I am going vintage this year too! Come by and see my vintage toy oven all decked out! Have a Merry Christmas!

Hugs,
Debbie

Jenny said...

What a beautiful Christmas house you have!

I have some of the same things as you do!

Now I feel like I have GREAT taste!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Yes, I'd say that is a really great start! lol
It looks beautiful! I've wanted that repro Santa tablecloth for a long time now. And I love your big Putz houses.
It's all just great Sandy!
Happy Holidays :)
Erica

Jill said...

You are SO lucky to have bubble lights!! Very nice Christmas tour!

Unknown said...

Hello Sandy! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I LOVE your pink tree and all the lovely vintage Christmas decor. Enjoy all the holiday festivities :)

Sandy ;)

ThrifterSisters said...

Your house looks like my house! I love the white tree. I saw the new Shiny Brites the other day but have enough of the true vintage ones to hold me over for a while. It's nice to know that I can still get them if I need to. My favorite thing are the bubble lights with the red base. I am on the hunt now!

Happy Holidays & Rednesday,

Erica

Sarah said...

Beautiful decorations! I love the tree and Putz houses.

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Love all your decorations and decorating Sandy! I adore your blow mold figures, so much fun.

Merry Christmas!

marie said...

Your Christmas home looks wonderful. I love the white tree...my daugter has a white one too! The display with the ceramic tree and bubble lights is wonderful, and the shadow box from Meri makes me drool.
Thanks for the tip about JCP having Shiny Brites...my daughter would love those as a Christmas gift!

Laura said...

WOW! Your house is beautifully decorated....I love your tree and those putz houses are so pretty...Did you make them? I want some :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...