Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Day of Silence…..

 

Day of Silence, December 18, 2012

I know all of you share my sadness over what happened yesterday.  As a mother - I can't FATHOM how those parents must feel. I hope you will all be praying for the people of CT.  They need our prayers.

On Tuesday, December 18th, there will be a blogger day of silence. We will post the button and that's it. Please try to not post anything else that day if possible.
We are also raising money that will go to an organization in the memory of this tragedy. The organization is called The Newtown Family Youth and Family Services. Here is the official description of the support service we are donating to:
"Newtown Youth and Family Services, Inc. is a licensed, non-profit, mental health clinic and youth services bureau dedicated to helping children and families achieve their highest potential. NYFS provides programs, services, activities, counseling, support groups and education throughout the Greater Newtown area.

ANY DONATIONS MADE TO NEWTOWN YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES WILL BE DONATED DIRECTLY TO THOSE EFFECTED BY THE SANDY HOOK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SHOOTING."

Please visit THIS PAGE to make your donation.

We can't imagine how they must be feeling, especially this close to the holidays. We would love for you to spread the word on your own blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Let's make a difference and use blogging in a positive way. Thank you in advance for participating. Please pass this on…. For those who wish to participate, on Tuesday, December 18th, there is going to be a Blogger Day of Silence in support of those lost and their families from Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut. For more information, please visit Kelly's Korner. She has the button and link information.

Per Kelly,  If you would like to, copy-paste and repost any part of this, please do. Share on.

No comments are necessary, please just do what you can on Tuesday.

6 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Thank you for sharing this. My heart is still very sad...
deb

Musings from Kim K. said...

The tears and prayers have been flowing all weekend. My husband and I both work in school settings. It's just heart-wrenching. Those children were my daughter's Josie's age.

Dewena said...

I am so glad I read this. It was hard to not know how to help other than prayers and compassion. Thank you.

vivian said...

It is so hard to think about, and impossible not to think about. but when it pops into my head... (continually all day and night long.. ) I send up my prayers.
and we know that all those babies are now safe in Jesus arms. but I know all those mommys would rather they were in their own arms..
so tragic.
Ok.. a day of blog silence tomorrow
xoxo

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

I hope it is okay to "borrow" your blue icon to share on my blog. Thanks.


Jenny said...

Heartbreak.

Sorrow.

Puzzled.

Weeping.

My prayers join all of yours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...