Saturday, October 3, 2015

A Tough Start to October

 

 

12088234_1095248080493002_7949265012812409073_n

I am always happy to see October roll around, it means our 100 + degree days are waning….it is actually beautiful at night.

I won’t be on my blog much this fall.  This last Monday our family found out that our youngest grown son Chris has Osteogenic Sarcoma in his right thigh.  The tumor is a little bit bigger than 7 inches and it is inside and outside of the bone.

He is going to Mayo Clinic here in Scottsdale, Arizona.  The Orthopedic doctor he was referred to immediately saw the issue and got ahold of a Dr. Beauchamp at Mayo.  He is one of the two top Orthopedic oncologists in AZ.   Lots of tests, and he starts chemo October 8th.  A few sessions and then the diseased portion of the bone has to come out.  We are as ready as we can be.  We feel good about the doctors,   and Chris has an amazing upbeat outlook so far….

 

So prayers are appreciated and I will be back when I can……

Have a blessed Autumn my friends!

5dac046d47eebc68bcd1565cf4bb4558

21 comments:

Mary Steinbrink said...

I like to see your posts, but I don't often comment. I just had to comment today to say that I will be praying for your son and your family. May God Bless you in your time of need.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Oh, Sandy...
You, Chris and your family will be in my prayers as well as the doctors. I will be calling you Sunday/Monday...
sending love & prayers,
deb

carol fun said...

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way... I believe if God leads us to it, he'll get us through it. Hugs.

gracefulfig said...

Oh, yes prayers for this difficult and emotionally trying time that God will pour out blessings on you all. Love and hugs, Ann

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Sandy, I'm sending prayers out for Chris and for all of you.

Hugs, Pam

Musings from Kim K. said...

Lots of prayers coming your way. Thinking of you ALL, Sandy!

Unknown said...

Praying for your son and your entire family.

Jessica

Fran said...

Sending prayers and lots of positive energy your way....

Oliva Ohlson said...

Your son, you and your family are in my daily prayers!!!
Hugs!

Patti said...

Praying for you all, Sandy. Love you sweet friend.

Tracy said...

All the best to your son and your family.
Hugs to you all.

Debbie said...

I'm sending good healing energy to your son & your family...be strong.

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for you and your son, Sandy.
God bless,
Dorothy

Decor To Adore said...

Oh my sweet Sandy I am SO very sorry to hear this. I will be keeping your dear son in prayer for a complete recovery.

vivian said...

I know I left a comment on facebook about this as well, but I will be praying for your Chris and your family as you travel this pathway. big HUGS for you my friend. I cant imagine. But God is Good... and he will hear our prayers. I know you will not be around as much, but please do keep us posted. (((HUGS)))
xoxo
vivian

Rebecca said...

Oh goodness! Keeping y'all close in prayer!! God is good...All The Time! Praying for complete healing!!!

Rose of Sharon said...

I pray he will be alright! We can trust our God in heaven. He is in control!

cherry said...

Sandy I am so sorry you are going through this, I will pray for you! I know it is hard...I just lost my Mama at the end of August and it pains me so. Hugs to u, cherry

patio garden furniture said...

Lots of prayers coming your way. How's everything? I hope all is well. All the best for your family!

RetroSandie said...

I hope all is going well for your son.

E said...

Sandy I haven't been reading blogs as much but still posting some on mine just as a place to store things ... but oh MY GOSH I am so sorry to hear about Chris, I had no idea you were in the middle of such !! I am a cancer survivor and part of my job and Vanderbilt is with our cancer center, so much is about getting great care, and you guys are at a wonderful place ! I will pray for your son and your family I know its hard to take care of yourself when your child is struggling, but he needs you, so don't forget how important is is to also take care of yourself ! Hugs, E

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...