Thursday, September 18, 2014

Some changes in the wind….

 

This is a tough post to write.  I have noticed over the last year or so that fewer and fewer people are blogging or stopping in to say hello.  I really guess I never thought this would happen.  We were all having such a good time…through the triumphs and the tragedies we were there for each other.  

women baking together

We learned so much about each other, shared our lives. We learned of our traditions, and ways of life that we all grew up with. What really made us who we are.  It has been so much fun! To know that there are people out there you have never met face to face that know exactly what you are talking about!

I used to be uncomfortable with life changes.  Not any more, I see each and every one of them as an opportunity for a new adventure.  Totally new thinking for this gal!  We all have lives outside of this special place.  Families, school, work, all kinds of commitments.  Change happens, that is just how life goes.

I have gotten to make GOOD friends that without blogging I would have never met. That alone made blogging worth it. I am just going to mention a few here.  I would need a whole other blog to list them all…you all know who you are…:):)

a a a meeting blogger 422

These three ladies re so very special to me!   Erica, Tammy and Deb….we will keep seeing each other, I promise!

And Joyce, I feel like we have known each other for years and years….I hope you and your hubby are so happy in your new home!

I am also going to speak of our dear friend Elizabeth of Creative Breathing, she was one of the first women who I had contact with here in Blogland.  I remember the first time I saw her blog, I didn’t sleep that night!  It was so full of color and energy!   Her blog amazed me, as did her life and her wonderful ability to share her stories….I am sure that I am saying this for many of us….You are So Special and we will never forget you!  We all wish you the best E !

There were so many talented women that were magic with paper and scissors, wonderful storytellers, funny, sincere, and loveable!  And who can forget all of our fun posts that had to do with thrifting and estate sales?  The fun swaps we did, the wonderful items we made to share and enjoy, just for each other!

I also met women here in Arizona due to blogging that I truly enjoy …I hope to meet more people that enjoy paper crafting, scrapbooking, card making and junking!

Other ways to meet up have come along…Facebook, Twitter, Instagram….I admit, I spend more time on Facebook now than I used to, I have so many new interests and there are groups just for them!  Who knew?

I have no idea about Twitter or Instagram…nor do I think I will later, but never say never…I never thought I would blog either!

Another wonderful spot is You Tube, my gosh I have spent hours watching tutorials on all kinds of crafting, card making, organization, you name it…and it is all free!

I plan on holding onto every last one of the memories we have made here.  I feel so blessed….these 5 years have been such an enlightening time for me!  521 Lake Street will always be right here in Blogland. This is such a special place.  I just won’t be posting as much as I used to. This is kind of a transition period to see if I keep blogging at all.

So…..The holidays are one of my favorite times to be here, so I am going to ask my friends for a personal favor…can we make an effort to be here as often as we can during the holidays? I know for me, it is a nice part of my holiday season sharing it with all of you…

Now, lets have a wonderful Holiday season and enjoy each other’s company!

1374299_10151910809109140_1716309387_n

Thanks for stopping by…..

 

30 comments:

vivian said...

oh my goodness.. my heart skipped a beat! For a minute I thought you were leaving your blog! you cant do that! I'll be here. I'm always here. just always in a hurry and not always leaving messages.
just dont you go disappearing on us..
happy weekend!
xoxoxoxoxoxo!
vivian

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Your post is spot on Sandy! I think so much social media is available that is has taken some bloggers away, or much of their time away. Belonging to Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter on top of blogging would take up the whole 24 hours of our day, wouldn't it?

Anyhow, loved seeing this photo of blogging friends again and enjoyed reading once I realized you weren't quitting your blog, whew! Had me worried for a minute. :)

I'll be here too! Love the holiday season in blogland! xo, Pam

Jill said...

I know just how you feel - there are just so many other places to keep our attention now - I find myself spending more time on Instagram now, there is always something new!!

I continue to blog though, maybe not as frequently as I used to but still carrying on, glad you are too!!

Debbie said...

Hey Sandy...I'm happy to hear you're going to continue blogging. I blog, too...in fact, I don't do any of that social media stuff...it's just not for me.

I loved getting to know you through one of Linda's swaps way back when...and finding out you grew up not far from here where I live now.

Keep up the blogging...and stop by to see what I've been up to when you have the time.
xo
Debbie
===^..^===

Jess said...

First let me say "Thank you for sharing your interest with us". I love reading about your childhood memories and seeing your great pictures. Creative Breathing was the first blog that I followed and yours was soon thereafter. We all miss Elizabeth's pictures and stories.

Can't wait to see what the holidays have in store for all of us.

Stephanie said...

I love blogging and I don't think I will ever stop! So what if only a handful of folks think we are clever and fun! Seriously, blogging is therapy for me. Sounds like it is for you too.

Charlotte said...

I visit a lot of my blogging friends but don't leave a comment. Just wanted you to know I still love you and I'm still following!

SueLovesCherries said...

I've slowed down blogging, mostly because my Asperger's daughter uses the computer most of the time. I can't just hop on it whenever I feel like it, but it's more important for her to use it.

Sheryl said...

I read your blog and often stop by but I don't usually leave comments. I will be sure to make more of an effort.
Sheryl

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hello Girlfriend!!
It's the night before the wedding...daughter isn't feeling the best...otherwise all is good! I also thought that you were going to stop blogging...HAPPY that you aren't.
warmly,
deb

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I will be here....I promise and if I ever can get over whatever it is that is causing me health problems...we will get together!

Unknown said...

I enjoy your blog but I don't think I have ever left a comment. I'm sure there are lots of people like me. Don't stop writing.

carol fun said...

I agree - I think we are all pulled in so many directions but I do love blogging. So many are jumping to instagram - I think they like its immediacy - but I prefer a slow read of a well crafted blog. Less people may be leaving comments, which I think may be a function of people using tablets to read blogs. It isn't easy using those little keypads to type a nice long comment, is it? I'm happy that you will continue blogging too. I so enjoy reading your blog - take care!

Terri Steffes said...

Agreed with your post. I have recommitted myself to my blog. I have not commented here a lot, but I visit often, so I will be a better friend and let you know I have stopped by. Please come and visit me, too, I'd love to see you at my blog, too!

Unknown said...

I was going to say please dont leave. I love reading your blog. I know I dont comment but I always read every post.

Anonymous said...

My first year of blogging was one of the happiest times of my life! Oh if only we could freeze time! ♥

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

Happy that you aren't going to stop blogging!! Even though I don't always comment, I do stop by from time to time.

Patti said...

I know I have been hit and miss for sure with blogging. So much going on, but I am quite relieved you are not quitting your blog. You have a special place in my heart!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Hi Sandy!
I miss the early days of blogging too, so very much. So much chatter and excitement, fun, good will, inspiration and sharing of creativity. And friendship.
Many bloggers have gone quiet now, many without a word, leaving you wondering what happened.
I hate that blogging is just like real life, all out of our control. People move on and you can't stalk them LOL! ;)
Some really tug at my heart and I wonder if they're well and happy and long to know what they're up to.
Hoping you get your wish dear Sandy - a return of community over the holiday season, that would be a lovely gift!
Sally

Jocelyn said...

I feel the very same way. I don't have Facebook, but I know a lot of people are there. It has been wonderful to meet so many creative people who have blogged through the years. I met Deb last year when I traveled to Minnesota. She was such a precious lady, who was so interesting to talk with and took me around her hunting grounds. Keep blogging. Sometimes I think it's more for myself than others, but meeting new friends has been a wonderful blessing.

LBP said...

Holy Moly I thought you were leaving too and instantly was sad. I know how you feel. I miss Elizabeth and Renee (Vintage Mending), We had such fun with swaps, which I still love! I think we get bombarded with too much technology. Sometimes I just have to step away or I become obsessed. I LOVE your blog and read every post. I guess I need to start commenting more!

Blessings

Linda

Anonymous said...

Please don't stop blogging- I have never left a message- but I check you every week ( sometimes more! ) I too miss Elizabeth- hope she is doing well-such a creative spirit should not be lost forever!

Some times I don't comment because I don't have a blog but ALL you ladies have inspired me to be more creative-- and now I check you on Pinterest too!!! Cheryl :o)

Unknown said...

I was so happy to see you stop by for a visit and loved reading your comment. I replied but I doubt people I reply to ever see it. You are going to have so many people sad & having withdrawals. :( At least we have you through the holidays. I was looking for your facebook link so I could follow you but missed it. I spend a lot of time there now to. Entering too many giveaways. haha. Love and Hugs Sandy!!! OX's...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Musings from Kim K. said...

I definitely know it's been harder to stay on top of everything in social media "land". Glad you aren't quitting. Blog when you can! And thank you for hosting the cookie cutter swap with Deb! Shirley and I had so much fun preparing things for each other. I'll be posting about it on Friday. Halloween hugs!

Rita said...

wow! i am fairly new to your blog, and i really enjoy it! i am not into any type of social media, so i hope you remember those of us who look forward to your posts and creativity!

vintage grey said...

Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to all the holiday sweetness you and all the other talented bloggers create! I am not the best with the paper, but always are inspired by you all, so keep it up!! Happy fall! xo Heather

Tea in the Library said...

Your blog is a place that always makes me feel a little less lonely.

Tammy's in Love said...

We will see each other in REAL life lots pal 'o mine! I will also share things I think you would like or I wish I had made on Pinterest, my other visiting spot!

XXOO,
Tammy

Unknown said...

Find best business in the world where you can invest only $10 and get 8% Profit daily, most popular website in ranking, Join now
http://www.globalfxorganization.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...