Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Very Nice Weekend

 

Well, the appointments are made, the medication has been adjusted and I am already feeling a bit better…..I find that I get so overwhelmed that I feel I must back away, and yet, I miss this so much!  So, I am not promising I will be posting like I used to, I am getting involved in a genealogy research group in Wisconsin and finding it will take some of my blogging time away.  My genealogy is my first love, the hunt is just incredible and the finds are so satisfying even when they family is not mine!  I guess that means I am really into genealogy…:)

Wayne and I went up to Prescott last Friday, just to take some time to reconnect and relax.  At first, I didn’t want to go, but forced myself and I am so glad I did!  We had a wonderful trip!   

I will be posting a couple of times as I went a little crazy with the camera…and I was spoiled something awful for Mother’s Day:)

So This is where we stayed…

IMG_0870

A wonderful place called Prescott Resort and Conference Center, those of you who live in Arizona must try this!  Great place, high on a hill and near everything.

We went downtown to see our favorite antiques and such and there was a HUGE Arts and Crafts Festival in the square!  And a vintage car show too…..

So enjoy….

IMG_0852

My folks has this very car….I remember it well. Same color too.

IMG_0857

Tents and tents, and wonderful music, and food….

IMG_0860

IMG_0855

IMG_0854

A great bronze of how they must have felt when they first laid eyes on this beautiful area….

IMG_0861

IMG_0862

 

The courthouse right in the middle of the town square…

IMG_0864

The band shell with live music….

IMG_0859

Beautiful horse and carriage to take you for a sweet ride in the wonderful weather!

IMG_0867

IMG_0856

Check out the Red Chevy in the back….

On the way back Sunday we stopped at a really sad looking Swap Meet, but found some good buys….

il_570xN_332064602

A cookbook that my Mom had…it originally sold for 4.95, I paid 4.00 for it.

IMG_0890

I am a sucker for transfer ware…..3.00  in perfect shape, and I love the size.

IMG_0897

A wonderful little table with no top for 12.00, I got it for 10.00, I am going to paint it and put a colorful Mexican tile on top, it will make a great plant stand!

Tomorrow I will let you see the wonderful items we found at the antique store in downtown Prescott….

And last but not least I want to thank all of you for the kind and supportive thoughts and emails,  I thought I would be gone longer, but I need this in my life…..and all of you!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart! 

8 comments:

Perfectly Printed said...

It looks like you had a great mini vacation!! So glad you made yourself go...sometimes it's just what you need! i have started doing a little geneology and you are right...totally addicting!!
Chris

vintage grey said...

So glad to here you are feeling better, and took a little vacation!! Looks like you had a great time!! Love the gorgeous Chevy's!! Such amazing classics! Have a great week! xo Heather

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Oh I'm so happy to see this post tonight! Glad that you are "back" and feeling a bit better.
Enjoyed your pics, and seeing your finds. Love the cookbook the best!
Erica :)

Hearts Turned said...

So glad you're feeling a bit better!

Ah, Prescott....so many wonderful memories there! My grandpa lived there for years, and I really miss it! The smell of the pines..............

Love your finds, too--wonderful!

How great to get involved in a genealogy group--wonderful idea!

Wishing you a beautiful day, my friend...

Julie

My Vintage Mending said...

I have to force myself to do so many things. The comfort of my four walls can be so confining. Just had a similar conversation with my husband. Adjustments have been made on my end as well...each day its very own struggle. Thank you for sharing...and letting us in. Smiles...Renee

Andy's Attic said...

I am so glad you feel better! I have been to Prescott for a business meeting (if you can believe that). I think we stayed at the Prescott Hotel? It was old with the really old time elevator. We didn't have much time to explore but I did buy an amethyst ring. Loved the area!!

Tammy's in Love said...

I am jealous of your trip and the bonus of sales along the way! Car shows will perk me up any day! Yup, our Daddys each drove the same two door hardtop 57 Chevies! My Dad had Harbor Blue...Lots of FUN FINDS for you there!

XXOO,
Tammy

Brenda Pruitt said...

I'm glad you had such a good time.
Brenda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...