Wednesday, March 14, 2012

We are getting there…..

Ok, Darin, the wonderful young man who came to do all of this work, showed up at 1:00 yesterday afternoon and finished up last night with this stage…..we still need to paint the cupboards and the corbels (didn’t have time to do it before they were up) and order the top……put a kick board down…then get busy putting it all back!  The top will take 4-5 weeks…:(

But this is the color :):):)

IMG_0775

Yup!  it is called Stop sign Red!

The before of the cabinets……

Cupboards 1

Didn’t know this was here…..

bad back of cupboard

bad back cupboard2

Water damage and mold….Darin just cut off the bad part as it is going up against a wall…..

Darin worked for 7 hours, minus a couple of breaks for his drill to recharge and meals…..and this is what it looks like now…I would call this Step 2…..he also moved the electrical plugs up for me :)

IMG_0776

We also moved the tables around as I had to have a smaller one on the back wall now because of the cupboards….

IMG_0778

The craft table is now this one…..

IMG_0779

TONS of work still to do but I feel so much better about having closed storage!  The cabinets came from a non-profit place that takes in house items from houses that have water damage, etc. and remodels….the cabinets were 120.00 for all for them!  I now have 6 drawers and lot of cupboard space…and two great 8 foot shelves!  The cabinets will be white, as will the corbels.  The shelves were very reasonable, and laminated, the most expensive thing?  It was the corbels, but they match very closely to the ones on the other side of the room…..:)  I am getting the top from Home Depot, and installation is part of the price per foot!  This was a great trade…no doubt about it! 

Thanks for stopping by……

10 comments:

Linda said...

That looks great so far...boy...what a great price too!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your cupboards are just fantastic. Your studio is going to be a lovely and so very very organized. Darin sounds like a wonderful young man.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

WOW...Love the huge and long counters and shelves! It's a great place to craft!
Warmly,
deb

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh...I am getting jealous...this looks fantastic. Smiles...Renee

Tammy's in Love said...

I am so jealous!!! Now you need to plan vignettes for ALL that space! Imagine the possibilities!

Tammy

Nan said...

I'm so glad to see this coming together for you. I know just how you must feel at getting that storage space. I'm almost there myself in my craft room, maybe another month and they will all be moved in there.

Daphne said...

I used that color in my kitchen, and it still makes me happy 6 years later! Your project is looking great!

vivian said...

looking forward to seeing it all finished! lucky you!!
have a great day
xoxo
vivian

Andy's Attic said...

One of my fav combinations if red, white and black. Your space is going to be absolutely fabulous and look like you spent much more $$!!
Annette

retrorevival.biz said...

It's looking great! I'm ooogling over your floor!

~Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...