Friday, January 6, 2012

Lil’ Vintage Storybooks

This is my first post about some of the wonderful vintage children's books I have acquired thru the years.  Carey had this wonderful Friday post where we get to share them!  So come with us and see how wonderful children’s books can be!

lvsb

This was a little 29 cent book …..

scan00401

It is a Saalfield book made of a thick linen paper….

scan0040

scan0041

scan0042

scan0043

scan0045

The colors!!!!  And the artist made them so cute!  Ethel Hays was known for her cherub like children…..

You are welcome to use these images,  just let  people know where they came from…:)

Click on Carey’s name and see the other wonderful books!  Thanks for stopping by……

11 comments:

Ann said...

The graphics are so sweet, I just love Miss Bo Peep is so adorable with her rosy cheeks.
Ann

Corey said...

I just love Saalfield books! Those pages look like they should be framed- adorable!!
Thanks for linking up!

Musings from Kim K. said...

How lovely are those graphics!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful graphics way back when.Love these beauties, my friend.
Have a fabulous weekend.
TTFN ~
Marydon

Nan said...

Oh gosh they are just so darn cute I can't stand it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The colors are what I noticed first, too! What a sweet book! ♥

Lisa said...

I love these kinds of books!! This one is super cute!! Enjoy it!
Hugs, Lisa

birdie blue said...

love these vintage images, sandy. what a darling find!

xo
molly

My Vintage Mending said...

Absolutely stunning...I could immerse myself for hours in these pages...Corey is darling...Renee

Unknown said...

Those colours really are amazing! I love little bo peep - the expression on her face is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Ooo! That cupboard! ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...